How to use, features, benefits
‘Mera Rashan’ will especially benefit ration card holders who move to new areas for livelihood The app is currently available in English and Hindi To facilitate ‘one nation-one ration card’ system in the country, the government on Friday launched ‘Mera Rashan’ The mobile app benefits citizens in identifying the nearest fair price shop. This app will especially benefit ration card holders who move to new areas for livelihood.Implementation of the One Nation-One Ration Card system ensures availability of ration to beneficiaries under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) and other welfare schemes, especially the migrant workers and their families, at any fair price shop (FPS) across the country.
What is Mera Ration App?
The new Mera Ration mobile app has been introduced to enable ration holders to avail ONORC-related services. With this app, beneficiaries will be able to identify the nearest fair price shop and check their entitlement and recent transaction details. Developed by the National Informatics Center (NIC), the app is currently available in English and Hindi languages. The government plans to roll out the app in 14 different languages, depending on where the migrants mostly go.
Mera Ration App: How to Use
To avail the new Mera Ration mobile app, users have to check whether their ration card is active or not (via the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which they reside). After checking the status they can follow these simple steps
- First of all go to google play store and type mera ration in the search bar
- Download Mera Rashan (Central AEPDS Team) app
- Once downloaded, open the app on your mobile and register your ration card
- To register, simply tap on the register option, and enter your ration card number
- You can also check your entitlement by tapping on the ‘Know your entitlement option. To do so, you are required to either enter your ration card or Aadhaar card number.
- The app also allows checking ONORC eligibility. You can check the details by selecting the Eligibility Criteria and filling in the requisite information.
What are the benefits of this app?
- Easy log-in facility through Aadhaar number or ration card.
- With the Mera Ration app, you will get the exact information of the ration shop.
- Ration card holders can also give suggestions here.
- When the ration is coming and how much grain will be available for quota, you can also get information from the app.
- Currently this app supports Hindi and English language. In the coming time, it will be facilitated in 14 Indian languages.
- Migrant workers going from one city to another city in search of employment will be the most comfortable to get ration from this app.
- Transparency will come in ration distribution system.
- Migrant workers will also be able to know which ration shop is closest to their location.
Under the National Food Security Act, the government provides foodgrains to more than 81 crore people at a subsidy of Rs 1-3 per kg through the public distribution system. 32 States and Union Territories across the country have been linked to the One Nation One Ration Card scheme and the scheme will soon be implemented in other states as well. The deadline for One Nation One Ration Card scheme to be implemented across the country is 31 March 2021, but Delhi, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh and Assam are yet to implement the scheme.